Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Constant Evolution of Marriage


Marriage is constantly changing as times are changing. I believe that 50 years from now, marriage will be less prevalent and cohabitation will increase, which we are already seeing now. I also believe that marriage between two people, regardless of whether a couple is gay, lesbian, transgender, etc. There will be no more controversy over gay marriage, at least in the U.S. I would also predict that there will be more strict rules on marriage as far as age difference, since I know in a lot of other underdeveloped countries, parents are allowed to set up their young daughters with men who even 50 years older. I recently read an article on Yahoo!, where I learned that in Saudi Arabia, there was a girl who was 8, that was forced to wed a 58 year old man. I also think that roles in marriages will be more flexible and interchangeable, where it will be more common for men to be more of the home caretaker than women and women may be more of the dominant income source.

No comments:

Post a Comment