Sunday, April 15, 2012

Trust & Relationships


I really enjoyed reading and learning about the role of trust in a relationship and how important trust is in establishing a healthy relationship. I liked the definition of trust, which consists of two parts: 1. Having confidence that others will be dependable and 2. Assuming emotional reliability. I think I have always had a hard time describing trust in a relationship, and this definition was very relevant to my relationship with a guy I have been seeing. I feel as if I cannot trust him, for he is not dependable when he says he will be, and has a tendency to lie or does not tell the entire truth. In addition, I feel he has lost all emotional reliability with me and that he does not truly care about my overall welfare, but is more interested in his own personal welfare and benefit. I am a firm believer in the quote, “actions speak louder than words”. He is quite the talker and can be very convincing. However, I always find that his actions fail to prove his claims, and I am constantly left disappointed.  I am glad I have realized that a relationship is unhealthy and can never work if the trust is broken to a point where it can never be fully recovered.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, I swear when I read this I felt like you stole the words right out of my mouth! Haha my boyfriend is EXACTLY the same way. I can completely agree/relate from beginning to end reading this blog and you put your thoughts in such an organized way. Trust definately plays a big role in relationships. Just like they say "if you have trust you have nothing". In the past my boyfriend has betrayed my trust several times and it has left me with no trust in our relationship which had led us to break up. But a couple of months later we inevitably ended up back together and I must say he has changed and improved A LOT than what he used to be before however I still don't completely trust him. When you stated " I am glad I have realized that a relationship is unhealthy and can never work if the trust is broken to a point where it can never be fully recovered," I think that is exactly where I am right now. But he's still trying to prove to me and I'm giving it time, I hope that works out for you though or you find happiness in the end :) Girl talk much? Haha

    ReplyDelete