Sunday, April 22, 2012

Primary Styles of Loving

There are three primary types of loving styles, which are Eros, Storge, & Ludus. Eros is the spur of the moment, unexpected style, in which the relationship is very fast-paced. In this style, partners are open to self-disclosure at an early stage. In the Storge style of loving, the relationship is very stable and lovers are compatible, like best friends. However, Storgic relationships are less erotic than Eros relationships. The style, ludus, is very playful. People who are ludic lovers see enjoy the attention and adventure of falling in love, and enjoy the challenge. These lovers tend to not want to settle down and is more common among men. The ludic lover reminds me of a guy I was recently talking to. When we started talking, I was aware he was not ready for commitment anytime soon since he had just gotten out of a 5-year relationship. However, I later realized he enjoyed the attention and flirting with girls and was able to like more than one person at the same time, which was a big no-no on my terms.

2 comments:

  1. It is really interesting how I chose this concept to talk about as well! I really like that you gave your own personal example and to tell you the truth, I was on the same boat as you. I once dated a guy who was the exact way because he enjoyed the attention of other girls and he loved flirting with them. I agree that those guys are BIG no nos and if anything, they are not the type to bring home and show the family! I really enjoyed reading the definition of the three primary types of loving styles as well since it helped to refresh my mind about them. Strangely, I am currently in a relationship that is considered half eros and half storge and I really am enjoying it. If anything, I would never believe I would be in a relationship like this but my significant other understands me in ways that I never thought others would. I really like your post! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From how I read your definition terms, I had decided to picture what you had said. For Eros, I imagine love at first sight, like "Romeo and Juliet" how both wanted to love each other instantly and they did get married not legally within several days. Storge is when they seem to be a little bit ashamed of themselves before their partners and continue to speak a little bit formally. They may also have had a relationship over long-distance and may have had their first time meeting each other in person. Ludic can be seen as a drama love when one guy and girl meets and both hates each other's guts and somehow they fall for each other, which isn't bad but just quite unexpected when you think about it in reality. I agree that flirting more than just one girl is bad but only if you're thinking about cheating them. If you are just growing a relationship without touching the romance part, then I believe that is okay.

    ReplyDelete